Summer is the ideal time to explore your interests and gain valuable experiences that will prepare you for college and beyond. Here are some ideas for how you or your child can make the most of your summer:
1. Volunteer: Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community while also gaining valuable skills and relevant experience. Look for opportunities at local non-profits, hospitals, animal shelters, parks, or community centers.
2. Take a class: If you're interested in a particular subject or want to get ahead in your coursework, consider taking a summer class at a local community college, a pre-college program on a college campus, or free online course.
3. Get a job or internship: A summer job or internship can provide valuable work experience and help you develop important skills like time management and communication.
4. Study for standardized tests: If you're planning to take the SAT or ACT, use the summer to study and prepare for these exams! If you're looking for tutoring, don't hesitate to ask Lighthouse Guidance.
5. Travel: Exploring new places and cultures can broaden your horizons and help you develop a global perspective. Whether you travel abroad or explore a new city in your own country, make the most of your summer adventures.
Remember, the most important thing is to do something that you enjoy and that will help you grow and learn. It's also important to take time to relax and recharge to gear up for next year!